Friday, April 27, 2012

A whole new level of CRAZY + (My second weigh in!)


Hello all,

I was reading the news a few days ago when I stumbled upon this little GEM that I felt it was my duty to share with you all.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-16/news/31351239_1_tube-brides-nasogastric

It is an article about brides to be using nasal feeding tubes to lose weight before their wedding day.  

When did we COMPLETELY LOSE OUR MINDS?

The woman described in the link above paid $1500 to have a tube inserted through her nose, down her esophagus and into her stomach to receive nutrients. The side effects of which include nausea, constipation and dizziness and not to mention the SHOCK to the body of losing 20 pounds in 10 days which is the average of what people lose doing this.

In my humble opinion... this is on a whole new level of C R A Z Y. I can't lie... I have tried some bonkers things to lose weight but thankfully the thought of walking around with a tube in my nose getting nutrition from a pouch never crossed my mind. I'm miserable now that I cant have any chocolatey treats, imagine what kind of monster I would be if I was nauseous, dizzy, constipated and broke because I just spent $1500 on the "tube through my nose diet".

Why is it that we would rather torture ourselves with these insane diets and keep failing over and over instead of saying I'm going to bake my chicken instead of frying it? Why do we even try these fads if we know in our hearts that we will fail. Why are we giving the weight loss industry millions of our hard earned dollars every year?

I think I kept doing it because it was easier to point the finger elsewhere rather than at myself. If I didn't lose any weight on the sugar water diet, then its the stupid diet's fault not mine. 

Healthy eating and lifestyle change requires us to take responsibility for ourselves and our choices. It forces you to say, I didn't lost any weight because I couldn't stay away from the drive thru and that's not Ronald McDonald's fault, Its mine.

The hardest part of this whole thing for me, is accepting that if I mess this up... I'll have no one to blame but myself.

On Wednesday I weighed in at 203! That is 8 pounds down in 2 weeks... TUBE FREE! I am the happiest fatty in the whole world. Although I am not working out as often as I should. I am giving it a REAL effort and its paying off! By next weigh in I will be under 200 pounds for the first time in a L O N G time!

Here's my current workout.

Warm up with 10-15 minutes of cardio (my choice is usually the elliptical)

1. 20 body squats

2. 20 squat press with 5 pound weights (Don't make fun of me- I'm a beginner!)

3. 20 push ups on a BOSU ball  ---->   This is a BOSU ball- Don't worry I didn't know either.

4. 20 side steps with a level 2 resistance band on my ankles 

5. 20 Squat rows on the  with a  50 lb resistance

6. 20 Bicep Curls

7.10 leg curls on the balance ball... NOT FUN
    ( lay on your mat with your feet resting on the balance ball. Lift your hips off the ground and hold. Now roll the ball in towards your butt and back out. Repeat 10 times)

And my most hated exercise of all...

8. Plank for 20 seconds

Repeating these steps twice completes the workout.


Now readers... lets laugh. Tell me some of the craziest things  you have tried to lose weight. Have you spent weeks eating nothing but cabbage? Have you done the juice only diet or the grapefruit diet? Comment and share and don't be embarrassed, this is a judgement free zone. And as long as you aren't walking around with a tube in your nose... its not that bad!

*By the way- you no longer need to have a log-in to leave a comment


Very Truly Yours,

Emmy

"The 8 pounds down 7 to go... tube free... "Fitness Fatty"


  

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of this story and it's crazy! I have also heard of women getting their mouths wired shut, so they only can drink fluids. I could never go that far, but i do admit to the "cottage cheese" diet. I ate it for two weeks and lost like 5+ lbs. Of course it was because I starved my body, so unfortunately I gained it back in half the time, and can never look cottage cheese again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job babe I'm very proud of you keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I've done some crazy things to lose weight, but I draw the line at sticking anything up my nose. Here are the most noteworthy for me...

    Xenadrine - which left me jittery all the time, I lost 0 pounds.

    Slim fast - which left me bloated like a thanksgiving day parade balloon, I lost 10 pounds and gained it back within a month after eating solid food again.

    I went vegetarian for a couple of months - lost a bit of weight but I would have trampled my mom for a piece of meat by the end. I finally caved and dove headfirst into a pepperoni pizza.

    And the mother of all unholy diets...Atkins. And I mean the hard-core, no carbs ever, true original Atkins diet. I went two whole weeks on this plan and it was the worst thing I could have done to myself. I think it will work for some people, but I will NEVER cut carbs completely again. I was crabby the entire time and I couldn't really eat a variety of food so I was always hungry. At the end of the two weeks, I was in such a state of panic that I literally grabbed someone by the arm, dragged her all the way to McDonalds and scarfed down a Big Mac like it was going to run off the table. Atkins has scarred me for life!

    I think I'll stick to my current weight-loss plan:
    *Meal program from a Registered Dietician which I prepare myself with real ingredients customized to my health issues and weight goals.
    *A personalized workout plan created by a personal trainer and tailored to my needs.

    ReplyDelete