Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Confessions of a "Fitness Fatty"


My name is Emmy and these are the Confessions of a "Fitness Fatty".
 .
For the past four years I have spent almost every day working at health and fitness clubs.  If you close your eyes and imagine what a woman who has spent approximately 1040 days at the gym looks like; I know that you are seeing a bikini babe with chiseled abs glistening in the summer sun and buns of steel. I my friends, am no such woman. I have spent the better part of 5 years weighing no less than 185 pounds. Right now, at my heaviest I am at a nice plump 211 pounds. I am what I like to call a "Fitness Fatty".
I meet other women just like me every day. Struggling with diet and exercise, wanting so badly to get back into their high school,  pre-marriage or pre-baby weight,  wishing every day for that one magic trick that will make this seemingly impossible dream, a reality. I sell those women gym memberships and personal training packages.
 I watch many of them drop the pounds and start to feel great, I watch others get discouraged, distracted  and fall off the "fitness wagon". All the while I sit at my desk ordering weight loss products off Amazon and sneaking Reeses peanut butter cups from my top desk drawer. Despite being surrounded by personal trainers and other fitness professionals, I can not seem to commit to getting my weight under control.
The best part of my job is talking with my clients. Relating to them on all the CRAZY things that we have tried to get skinny. When we do the math we laugh hysterically at the hundreds of dollars that we have spent trying to LOOK skinny without actually losing any weight. I call them "torture contraptions" you might know them as Spanx, girdles, corsets, and  body suits. We laugh at the shake weights, ab rockers, and those plastic sweat suits that make you feel like a turkey roasting in an oven bag. 
We laugh (while crying inside) about the THOUSANDS we have spent on the countless amounts of pills and teas and powders that swear to be like no other product on the market, promising to melt off those love handles (or chichos like my sis and I like to call them) in no time at all. I have devoted time, money and energy to looking skinny and getting skinny fast, but no time at all to actually putting in the work and getting fit.
I have had enough! No more sucking it in all day, no more torture contraptions, no more pills, teas, and powders. No more department store dressing room meltdowns, no more wearing my husbands clothes, no more baggy tee's and sweats. Most of all... NO MORE EXCUSES.
ITS ON!
Over the next 12 weeks- With this blog, the help of the trainers at Synergy Fitness and Nutrition and a solid nutritional plan provided by my friend (who just so happens to be a fitness expert) Bryan Nunziato,  I am going to stop talking about it and BE ABOUT IT! 
So for anyone reading this now, feeling the way I feel, procrastinating, hiding behind "torture contraptions", making excuses while looking in the mirror and feeling like crap... Take this 12 week roller coaster ride with me.
 Follow my blog, laugh with me, be frustrated with me, and post your progress as I post mine. Start off by creating a goal. My goal is to lose 15 pounds in 12 weeks... Whats' yours?
Very truly yours,
Emmy
The soon to be FORMER "Fitness Fatty"
Check back tomorrow for my before pics, diet plan and my first workout!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the blog Emmy. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your roller coaster, and enjoy the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job keep the motivation going...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your going to do great!! Super excited for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doing a great job Babe I'm super proud of you

    ReplyDelete