Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mother of God its MR. DING-A-LING!

This weekend was a real test for me. I spent most of the weekend at home which made the temptation to cheat on my diet... increasingly difficult to avoid. Time after time I would get up, walk to my pantry, see the cookies, touch the cookies, smell the cookies sometimes even talk to the cookies, then I would walk away, go back to the couch and think about the cookies, until I repeated that entire crazy routine. I actually took pop tarts put them in to toaster warmed them up and left them there! (sad I know)  I am so used to sitting around on a weekend and having coffee and cake or M&M's or cookies, that just sitting on the couch watching a movie or reading a book and not snacking, just didn't feel right.

The biggest test of all came while I was blow drying my hair. I had the bathroom window open when I heard it. A sound that used to make me and all of my friends smile, was now the ultimate test of my commitment to this program. When I heard the magical tune, all I could think to myself was... MOTHER OF GOD ITS MR. DING-A-LING! All I wanted was a vanilla/chocolate twist on a cone with rainbow sprinkles, Is that too much to ask for?  In the 30 seconds that it took the ice cream truck to drive down my street, I gave myself a million reasons to chase after the truck...
                   One ice cream cone isn't going to kill me!
                   I'll do a little extra cardio today.
                   I'll walk up every flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator.
      I'll skip all my other snacks today and I'll eat rice cakes for dinner.  I just want an ice cream cone!

But I stayed strong and much to my own surprise I have not cheated... yet

3 egg whites, .75 ounces of cheese, a slice of whole wheat toast, 1/2 of an apple,  and a teaspoon of peanut butter for breakfast. 

Turkey on whole wheat+flax seed sandwich thins with lettuce and tomato, a reduced fat sargento cheese stick, 1/2 of a banana and 8oz of fat free milk for lunch

Baked salmon fillets with steamed vegetables for dinner.

And a variety of things for snacks (mini meals) in between- small Luna protein bars, baby carrots,celery, 1/2 of a piece of fruit, rice cakes, pretzels... etc.

My friendly neighborhood fitness expert... Bryan Nunziato is going on vacation so it will be up to me to workout on my own.  45 minutes of cardio per day and a variety of functional and strength training exercises.

Here are some pics from today's workout.





So far... this sucks. Its hard! I constantly want throw on my sweats, curl up under my blanket and eat some Ben and Jerry's Half Baked.

I find myself zoning out a few times a day, having "fatty daydreams" as I like to call them where all I think about all the delicious treats I could be eating... the star of my fatty daydreams is currently the chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream...

Tomorrow is my first weigh in and I hope it is going to give me a boost in motivation and the strength to resist temptations... 

In the mean time post a comment and tell me about your biggest food temptations and who is starring in your "fatty daydreams".

Very Truly Yours,
Emmy
"The desperate for chocolate Fitness Fatty"

P.S. If you are reading this and have not yet become a follower. Scroll up to the top of your screen, click the FOLLOW link on your top left side, Log- in with your google User name and Password (whatever you use for g-mail or google docs) and become a follower! Thanks for the support!






4 comments:

  1. Ok first of all, this is hilarious! Secondly, I LOVE the workout pics!! And C, I absolutely, positively cannot believe what you did to those poor pop tarts...FOR SHAME! But I'm extremely proud of you for not caving and for not running after the ice cream truck. It will never be the same as Johnny's anyway ;-)

    And since you asked, the star of my "fatty daydreams" is currently a giant slab of spareribs from the Texas Roadhouse (an evil place I was recently introduced to) smothered in BBQ sauce and served with a heaping plateful of fries. Alas, I'm settling for a sensible dinner of lean broiled steak with asian seasoned vegetables.

    Love,
    Desparately Seeking BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy!!! This is sooooo AWESOME! You have me laughing out loud! Great job...I'm so happy for you. Keep up the great work. Love the pictures too...you GO GIRL! I'm already looking forward to your next update! MISS YOU @BSC. xo Ray Ray (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of my wife and I cannot wait to see her and smile with her at the end of this journey I'm behind you 100% Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. love reading it im hysterical bc i can def picture you talking to the cookies but im proud you haven't given up and your determination will pay off!! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete